Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
The Diary of Little Lily
Lily was a little girl with the brightest smile anyone had ever seen. She was only ten years old, but her laughter could fill an entire room with happiness. Her parents often said that Lily was like a small ray of sunshine in their home.
Every morning in their small town, Lily would wake up early, brush her long brown hair, and run downstairs with excitement.
“Good morning, Mom! Good morning, Dad!” she would shout, hugging them tightly.
Her mother always laughed.
“You’re always so full of energy, Lily.”
At school, Lily was everyone’s favorite friend. She was kind, helpful, and never left anyone alone. If someone forgot their lunch, Lily shared hers. If someone felt sad, Lily would sit beside them until they smiled again.
Her best friend was Emma.
Emma and Lily did everything together. They sat in the same class, shared snacks, played in the park, and talked about their dreams. Lily wanted to become a teacher one day.
“Why a teacher?” Emma asked once while they were lying on the grass watching clouds.
“Because teachers make kids happy,” Lily said softly. “And I want to make people happy.”
Emma smiled. “You already do.”
The Day Everything Changed
One day, Lily started feeling tired. At first, she thought it was nothing.
But the tiredness didn’t go away.
She began getting headaches. Sometimes she felt dizzy during class. Her parents noticed and took her to the hospital.
After many tests, the doctor sat quietly with Lily’s parents.
The word he said felt very heavy.
Cancer.
Lily heard the word too.
She didn’t fully understand everything, but she knew it was serious because her mother began to cry.
But Lily didn’t cry.
Instead, she gently held her mother’s hand.
“It’s okay, Mom,” she said with a soft smile.
From that day, life changed. Lily had to visit the hospital often. She had treatments and medicine that made her feel weak.
But Lily tried her best to stay the same cheerful girl.
At school she still smiled.
With Emma she still laughed.
With her parents she still said, “Everything will be okay.”
But deep inside… Lily sometimes felt very scared.
Lily’s Secret
There was one place where Lily told the truth about her feelings.
A small pink diary.
Every night before sleeping, Lily would open the diary and write.
Sometimes she wrote happy things.
“Today Emma and I laughed so much during lunch. I love my best friend.”
Sometimes she wrote about her dreams.
“When I grow up I want a big classroom full of smiling kids.”
But sometimes… she wrote the things she could not say out loud.
“I feel scared today. I don’t want Mom to cry so I pretend I’m strong.”
“My body hurts a little but I don’t want anyone to worry.”
“If I get better, I want to travel with Emma and eat ice cream every day.”
Lily never showed the diary to anyone.
It was her secret place.
The Last Days
As months passed, Lily became weaker.
She missed school more often. Emma visited her at home and they watched cartoons together.
One afternoon Emma said quietly,
“Lily, when you get better, we will go to the park again, okay?”
Lily looked at her friend and smiled gently.
“Of course,” she said.
But that night Lily wrote in her diary:
“I feel very tired these days. Sometimes I wonder if I will really get better. But if I don’t… I hope everyone remembers me smiling.”
A few weeks later, Lily was taken to the hospital again.
Her parents stayed beside her bed.
Lily held her mother’s hand and whispered,
“Don’t be sad, Mom.”
Then she looked at her father.
“I love you.”
And very quietly… Lily closed her eyes.
The little girl who made everyone smile was gone.
The Diary
The whole town felt heartbroken.
At school, Emma sat alone at their desk.
One afternoon, Emma visited Lily’s house. Lily’s mother hugged her and said,
“You can go to Lily’s room if you want.”
Emma walked slowly into the room.
Everything looked the same — the toys, the books, the drawings on the wall.
Then she noticed something on the desk.
A small pink diary.
Emma opened it.
Inside were Lily’s words.
Page after page of memories.
Happy moments with her parents.
Funny school stories.
Dreams about becoming a teacher.
And then… the pages about the illness.
Emma’s eyes filled with tears as she read:
“I am scared sometimes, but I want to stay brave.”
“Emma is the best friend in the world.”
“If something happens to me, I hope my friends keep smiling.”
On the last page, Lily had written:
“Life is short, but happiness is big. If people remember me smiling, then I lived a beautiful life.”
Emma closed the diary and hugged it tightly.
Through her tears, she smiled a little.
Because even though Lily was gone…
Her kindness, her love, and her smile would live forever in the hearts of everyone who knew her.
And every time Emma saw the sky full of sunshine…
whispered softly,
“Hi Lily. I’m still smiling.” ❤️

Comments
Post a Comment