Skip to main content

Featured

The Last Run

  The night air in Chicago was thick with fog as Amtrak Train 742 sped southbound toward St. Louis. Inside the locomotive, veteran engineer Daniel Hayes kept his eyes locked on the rails ahead. Twenty-three years on the job had taught him one thing—complacency kills. The passengers behind him were settling in for a quiet overnight ride. Families, students, a tired nurse heading home—just ordinary lives moving through the dark. Then Daniel saw it. A faint, unnatural glint on the tracks. At first, he thought it was just the fog playing tricks on him. But as the train pushed forward at 70 miles per hour, his stomach dropped. The rails ahead were warped—twisted like a broken spine. “Not tonight…” he muttered. His hand slammed the emergency brake. The train screamed in protest, metal grinding against metal. Sparks flew beneath the wheels as the cars shuddered violently. But Daniel knew the truth—there wasn’t enough distance. They weren’t going to stop in time. In seconds, he made the ...

The Letter That Found Love


 


Emily Carter lived in a small quiet town in the Portland area of the United States. She worked in a tiny bookstore near the river. Every morning she opened the shop, arranged the books, and waited for customers who rarely came.


Emily loved stories about love, adventure, and happy endings… but her own life felt ordinary and lonely.


Every evening she sat by the shop window, watching couples walk past. Sometimes she smiled. Sometimes she wondered, “Will someone ever love me like the stories I read?”




A Strange Letter


One rainy afternoon, while cleaning old books, Emily found something unusual.


Inside a dusty novel was a folded letter.


The paper looked old, yellow from time. Curious, she opened it.


The letter said:


"If you are reading this, then maybe fate wants you to know a secret. I once loved someone in this town but never had the courage to tell her. If you believe in love, leave this letter at the riverside bench tomorrow at sunset."


Emily's heart started beating faster.


It felt like a message from another time… or maybe a prank.


But something inside her whispered, “Go.”




The Riverside Meeting


The next evening Emily walked slowly to the riverside bench.


The sky was orange with sunset.


She placed the letter on the bench and waited.


Five minutes passed.


Ten minutes passed.


She sighed, thinking it was just an old forgotten story.


Then suddenly a voice behind her said softly,


“So… you found the letter.”


Emily turned around.


A tall man stood there, slightly out of breath, holding a camera.


“My name is Daniel,” he said with a shy smile. “I left that letter in books all over town.”


Emily looked confused.


“Why?”


Daniel rubbed the back of his neck.


“I’m a photographer. I travel a lot, but I always believed love could start in the most unexpected way. So I wrote letters and hid them in books… hoping someone who still believes in love would find one.”


Emily laughed softly.


“So I was the lucky person?”


Daniel smiled.


“No… I think I was.”




Love Begins


Days turned into weeks.


Emily and Daniel started meeting every evening.


They walked by the river, shared stories, and laughed like they had known each other forever.


Daniel showed her the world through his camera. Emily showed him the magic inside books.


For the first time, Emily felt like her life was becoming the kind of story she always loved reading.


But one night Daniel looked worried.


“I have to leave,” he said quietly.


Emily’s heart sank.


“Where?”


“Europe… for a photography project. It might take a year.”


The silence between them felt heavy.


Emily forced a smile.


“Then you should go. Dreams matter.”


Daniel looked into her eyes.


“And what about us?”


Emily didn’t answer.


She was afraid.


Afraid that love could disappear just as suddenly as it arrived.




One Year Later


A year passed.


Emily still worked at the bookstore.


She still sat by the same window.


But the bench by the river felt emptier than ever.


Sometimes she wondered if Daniel had forgotten her.


Then one evening, just before closing the shop, the door opened.


A familiar voice said,


“Excuse me… do you have any books about love stories?”


Emily froze.


She slowly turned around.


It was Daniel.


Standing there with a huge smile… and a small ring box in his hand.


“I traveled across the world,” he said softly, “but every photo reminded me of you.”


He stepped closer.


“I didn’t leave those letters to find a random love story.”


He opened the box.


“I left them to find you.”


Emily’s eyes filled with tears.


“Will you marry me?”


She laughed through the tears and nodded.


“Yes.”




The Twist


A few months later Emily asked him something.


“How did you know the letter would end up in my bookstore?”


Daniel smiled.


“I didn’t.”


Emily raised an eyebrow.


Daniel pulled out another letter.


“This one I placed in that book five years ago.”


Emily gasped.


“So… we were meant to meet?”


Daniel kissed her forehead.


“Some stories,” he whispered, “take time to find the right page.”




The Ending


Two years later, the small bookstore had a new sign:


“Emily & Daniel’s Stories.”


A cozy place filled with books, photos, and love.


And inside many books… hidden between the pages…


Were small letters.


Waiting for the next love story to begin. ❤️



Comments

Popular Posts